May 23rd, 2011 admin
The crock pot is back with a vengeance today, this time whipping up some delicious burritos. Watch out–this recipe makes a TON and it is super cheap. Feed your friends or, if you have a freezer, portion it out for future meals for a quick defrostable feast.
Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can Northern beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans corn, drained (frozen corn will work, too–no need to drain or defrost)
3 chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
Soft flour tortillas
1. Place corn and beans in crock pot; stir in salsa.
2. Place chicken breasts on their sides upright in the mixture.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
4. When ready to serve, shred the chicken breasts and stir them back into the mixture.
5. Serve on warm tortillas, adding cheese and any other toppings of your choice.
– Remember, don’t open the lid of the crock pot while your food is cooking! It is important to keep the moisture and temperature stable.
– I like to make this a little sweet, so I usually use a peach or pineapple salsa. The Newman’s Own brand is good and usually not a bad price at our local store.
– We use this tasty mix to make burritos–we grab 10 inch flour tortillas and top the mix with lime juice, cheese, and sour cream. You could top it with more salsa, hot sauce, tomatoes, lettuce, etc. to make a soft taco. It’s also good on top of salad or cooked into quesadillas.
Entry Filed under: food & recipes