May 12th, 2011 admin
Losing momentum (or have yet to find any at all) in your fitness routine? This link roundup is targeted at helping you get more out of your get-healthy goals this year!
We Can Work It Out
Looking for some easy exercise routines you can do quickly and in your teeny tiny dorm room? Give one (or all) of these a try:
- You can do this (free) 15 minute workout (via College Candy) online,
- For about $10 Biggest Loser’s Jillian Michaels can shred you in 20 minutes (this DVD kills but is so worth it!),
- Or review SCL’s dorm room workouts which include a vid from Gwenyth Paltrow’s trainer,
- Hey, you can even study while you work out if you’re into multitasking.
Just Eat It?
Exercise is only half the battle, though, isn’t it? Food is the other half, and you need to make sure it works for you, not against you!
- Wisebread shares 6 smart snacks to jumpstart your workout,
- Fitness Magazine has some snacks to help you recover once you’re done,
- They’ve also got a whole page roundup of low-cal snacks for any time,
- Harvard’s school of Public Health shares healthy eating tips (and the first pretty food pyramid I’ve ever seen),
- And you know I love Cooking Light for healthy-but-still-yummy recipes (I promise they’re not endorsing me, I’m just a fan!).
Don’t Be Trendy
Diets are tempting, but usually not sustainable. (Who wants to give up carbs for the rest of their life? Yeah right, Atkins.) The best way to get–and stay–healthy is to follow the regular old guidelines you’ve been learning about all along: eat a balanced, healthy diet, don’t skip meals, exercise, and get a lot of rest!
- The cereal commercials are right: you could weigh more if you skip breakfast,
- Learn how to get the most out of your meal with some “superfoods,” and
- Head over to WebMD to learn how sleeping more can help you weigh less.
Entry Filed under: health