April 22nd, 2011 admin
So, my cooking life was just revolutionized. I mean, if you thought my recipes were easy before, wait until you check out the new stuff I’ve got going thanks to my fabulous (hold on to your knickers, I’m about to sound like your great grandma) crock pot!
I’m completely serious. No wonder moms have been going on about these things for years–they make cooking NO EFFORT. You literally just dump some ingredients in, turn it on, and walk away.
And you can pick one up for under $20 at Target or Walmart.
Here’s your first recipe.
BBQ Chicken Sliders
2 chicken breasts (can be frozen)
1 bottle BBQ sauce
1. Fill crock pot about 1/2 way full with water and place chicken breasts inside. (You can even put them in frozen!)
2. Cook on high for 3 hours.
3. Dump out water and shred chicken.
4. Put shredded chicken back in crock pot with BBQ sauce (use a lot if you like a lot or a little if you’re just looking for some flavor) and heat on Low or Warm setting for 30 minutes to an hour.
5. Slice rolls and spoon BBQ chicken onto them. Yum!
Makes 9-12 sliders.
– Don’t open the lid of your crock pot during cook time; it will release steam. Moisture is one of the key parts of getting that yummy slow-cooked flavor.
– We spring for our favorite rolls, King’s Hawaiian Rolls. The roll quality will make a difference in how yummy (or not) your slider experience is. 😉
– I usually do a super easy (& cheap) fruit salad with this: 2 bananas (sliced), 1 can of mandarin oranges (drained), and 1 can of pineapple (drained).
Entry Filed under: food & recipes