December 13th, 2010 admin
Winter is one of the most romantic times of the year–all that cold weather leaves lots of excuses to snuggle up! Here are a few inexpensive ideas to treat your crush this holiday season.
- Bake-Off. Mix up some of your favorite wintertime treats (I’m a sucker for frosted sugar cookies or a good batch of fudge) and see whose come out yummier. Food fights are encouraged, and taste-testing is a must. If you’re feeling generous, you can hand the goods out to family and friends.
- Kid Flix. Pop some popcorn, snuggle under some blankets, and watch one of your childhood favorites. Some of my go-to kid-friendly movies for the holidays are Home Alone (1 or 2), Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and anything Charlie Brown.
- Scarf it Down. Bundle up for those cold winter nights by outfitting each other for warmth. Scout out a cute scarf (Old Navy has them starting at only $5) or mittens for your sweetie. Feeling gutsy? Learn how to knit or crochet together and swap when you’re finished. (It takes a real man to be comfortable crocheting in front of his lady. 😉 )
- Wrap it Up. Make gift wrapping fun by making an evening of it. Gather your supplies (wrapping paper, tape, scissors, and ribbon for starters), grab some snacks, and wrap gifts in front of the fire (but not too close). If you need a little something more to keep you entertained, throw on some music or a cute holiday-style romcom (I love the classic While You Were Sleeping).
- Color Me Yours. Still looking for the perfect gift for your super sentimental mom/grandma/crush? Head over to a ceramics painting spot (like Color Me Mine) together and spend an evening making something special yourself. You’ll love seeing how artistic your sweetie is (or isn’t!) and you can tick one more gift off your list.
- Let it Snow. Don’t hide away indoors when the snow starts falling–call up some friends and have a huge group date outdoors. Bundle up and prepare to relive your childhood: building snowmen, making snow angels, and the grand finale–a huge snowball fight.
Entry Filed under: dating