December 2nd, 2010 admin
Don’t worry, I wouldn’t leave the guys out of this gift-giving season (see girlie gifts here!). Here are some DIY presents to pass on to the boys!
For Little Boys
- Plush Owl Toy – Cute (and green) this repurposed scarf-to-owl toy is perfect for animal-crazy toddlers. 🙂
- Eye Spy Bean Bags – Remember Eye Spy books from when you were a kid? Throw in the squishiness of a bean bag and you’ve got this fun toy.
- Super Hero Cape – Pretend is not just for girls. This super hero cape will keep kids running around the yard for days.
- Dinosaur Playmat – This dino playmat is cool, but a little sewing-intensive. For an easy no-sew version, pick up some canvas fabric draw out your map with fabric markers.
- Kid’s Work Apron – For the artist or handyman, this work apron is helpful and fun.
- Fabric-Covered Moleskines – For the thinker or the artist, these fabric covered moleskins are a perfect gift. (Just be sure to choose some nice, manly fabric).
- Cassette Tape iPod Case – I love the concept of a cassette tape iPod case (might want to make yours less pink, though, huh?). Clever.
- Mini-Terrarium in a Lightbulb – Awesome for some dorm zen for your favorite nature lover, these lightbulb terrariums (pictured above) are inexpensive but pack a lot of visual punch.
- Freezer Paper Stencil Tee – Make the ultimate custom-tee with this freezer-paper stencil tutorial.
- Neck Pillow – I don’t know about you, but my dad is all about catching catnaps whenever he can. What about scaling up this comfy neck-pillow so he can nap during half-times?
- Car CD Holder – My guy is all about having tunes in the car but our CDs always get lost or scratched. If your Dad hasn’t moved into the iPod zone yet, why not whip up a CD case for his car? (Again, might want to shoot for some more manly fabrics…)
- Papercut Portrait – Artistic and just plain old cool, this papercut portrait tutorial will help you make a personal, meaningful gift.
- Custom Ball Cap – For the traditional grandpop, skip the tie or socks and make him a customized baseball cap. I bet he’ll wear it even if it says “#1 Grandpa.” 😉
Entry Filed under: diy