February 1st, 2010 admin
I love eating, but cooking new, flavorful foods (with their tons of crazy and expensive ingredients) intimidates me. In fact, I whipped up some sweet and sour sauce the other day, but I was so nervous about getting all the food on the table at the same time that I freaked out and burned the chicken I was cooking at the same time. The fire alarm even went off.
So this month, let’s take it nice and easy: here’s my favorite last-minute recipe, and you only need three ingredients.
Cranberry Apple Chicken
2 chicken breasts (defrosted if frozen)
1 Granny Smith apple
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Core and dice apple. Put apple bits into a bowl.
3. Pour cranberry sauce into the bowl with apple bits, mix well.
4. Spoon half the cranberry mixture into a pan (metal or glass, even a pie pan will work). Place chicken breasts on top of the mixture, then spread the remaining cranberry apple combo over the top of the chicken.
5. Bake for 40 minutes. Catch up on the TV you missed last night on Hulu. Or study. Your choice. 😉
6. Check chicken for done-ness (it should be cooked all the way through, with no pink in the middle).
p.s. Sorry there’s no picture–I forgot to take one before we CHOWED this stuff down. 🙂
Entry Filed under: food & recipes