February 4th, 2009 admin
But what about those times (like the suggested 10 minute break to every 1 hr of studying) when your brain needs a break from intellectual stimuli? I’m talking about when you’ve studied for 27 hours straight, been dumped by your first real boyfriend/girlfriend, or accidentally threw your retainer in the dumpster and had to spend 45 minutes looking for it (and 45 minutes after that showering to get the garbage smell off you).
Well, then you need a break. And these are my personal favorites:
Slightly Addictive Games
- Fishy by xGen Studios. You are a small fish. Eat smaller fish. Get bigger. Win. 🙂
- Text Twist by Yahoo! Games. Like boggle, but different.
- Bubble Bees by Ferry Hallim. Catch bees in bubbles. (Yes, really.)
Animals Being Cute/Amusing
- ICanHasCheezBurger. Pictures of cats with weird/funny captions.
- Cats In Sinks. Just what it sounds like.
- Cute Overload. A collection of cute animals. Sometimes fluffy, sometimes not.
- The Daily Puppy. A puppy a day.
Things to Read, Do, and Look At
- Passive Aggressive Notes. Mostly grumpy notes found around the world. Also useful if you aren’t sure what passive aggressive means. 😉
- Failblog. A celebration of failures in every form.
- One Pretty Thing. Daily collection of pretty things you can make yourself.
- YourFonts. Make a font out of your own handwriting for free. Cool.
- Reuters’ Oddly Enough. Weird but true news.
Okay, now get back to work!
Entry Filed under: brain breaks